1. What has been the most rewarding part of doing a robotics club at Robbins?
The most rewarding part about Robotics Club at RES has been watching the students learn to program and predict the challenge courses. It was amazing to see how quickly they learned these skills and were able to apply them.
2. What have you enjoyed most about doing robotics club?
I have enjoyed watching and teaching students how to interact as a member of a team. Watching them work together to solve challenges is really amazing!
3. Has doing robotics helped your students with teamwork?
YES! Participating in Robotics has helped our students communicate more effectively with each other by giving clear and concise instructions. They have learned that working together is more efficient!
4. How do you think robotics ties into the curriculum?
Robotics ties to the curriculum because it helps students to problem solve, pull from back knowledge, and think logically through a problem.
5. Are you and the kids excited about the showcase coming up?
SO EXCITED! We feel ready and the kids are so excited to see what other schools have created!
Thank you to all of the elementary schools that are participating in this year's showcase. We are so excited to see the boards and how the student teams do! The showcase will be held at Pinecrest High School from 9:00-1:30 on May 6, 2016. We hope to see you all there!!