Check out 6 easy ideas you can take and use with students while your laptops still have that new Chromebook smell:
1. Research and Note-Taking with Google Docs: Students research topic(s) and record notes into Google Doc to share with others or save for themselves.
2. Vocabulary Work: Students create a Google Doc of words and research definitions, record in own words, and insert visual representations for each word.
3. Create and Share with Drawings: Using Google Drawings, students create posters, flyers, handouts, signs, etc. Can do solo or invite group members to a shared document.
4. Jigsaw with Google Presentations: In small or large groups, one student creates a Google Presentation and shares with other members. Each member is then assigned one piece of the larger puzzle to create a new slide to report back what they learned.
5. Quick Feedback / Backchannel TodaysMeet: Create a Todaysmeet.com chat room and allow students to use space to respond to questions, reflect on presentations or videos as a group, or stage lively debates.