The critical question when giving digital devices to students is always "what do we want kids to do with them?" In Moore County Schools, our answer to this question is that we want students to use their Chromebooks to create dynamic multimedia products that showcase their learning.
To this end, our outstanding Digital Integration Facilitator (DIF) team worked very hard to create the excellent resource below. We would like to share this out to any teacher, student, parent, administrator, or anyone else that would like to use Chromebooks to create dynamic work products!
|Screenshot of "I Want to Create" Site|
Click here for: The MCS "I Want to Create" Site
- Don't throw a hundred tools at us that all do the same thing- tell us the one you recommend most : We did this on each page of our "I Want to Create" site by providing a featured tool at the top and other tools linked at the bottom of each page.
- Make sure all the tools provided work on our Chromebooks: We tested each thoroughly on our student Chromebooks.
- Provide an overview of the tool and also some easy ways to get started: We did this through embedded tutorial videos on each page
- Give us a printable cheat sheet we can print out if we need extra help while working through a tool: We did this on each and every tool page
- Tell us which tools are good for beginner, moderately skilled, and advanced skilled learners: We did this by organizing all the tools in exactly this manner, to allow folks to personalize their own learning.
We hope this resource can be helpful to any other educators out there that have Chromebooks in their classrooms and we look forward to seeing how this site evolves and grows throughout the next few years!